Set Yourself Up For Success
Set Yourself Up for Success
By: Nicholas Dunlap
The great John Wooden once said, “Failing to plan is planning to fail”. And while this is certainly true on a personal level, nowhere is it more true than business. So often, people complain about their lack of productivity or their lack of success, failing to acknowledge that they did not in fact put in the work or prepare to achieve this success. It is almost as though they are expecting success to simply fall into their lap. And we all know that rarely if ever happens.
You see, success is not an accident. It is the end result of setting goals, making adjustments and working to achieve these goals. Looking for help on how to achieve your goals? Start here.
- Write out your goal in detail.
- Revisit this goal several times per day.
- Evaluate your progress toward achieving your goal.
- What are you doing to meet your goal?
- What could you be doing better?
- What will you stop doing?
- Do not mistake hard work for smart work. Meaning that if you are simply clocking hours at the office, you’re not necessarily working to achieve your goal. Be honest with yourself.
- Don’t quit.
All too often, people give up short of reaching their goals. In some cases, they come close but do not have what it takes to finish. Don’t be that person. Be tough, stand tall and reach for your goals. When things get tough, just remember, achieving your goal will be that much more rewarding.
If you believe it, you can achieve it!